7.30.2013

Summer Salad Swap: Loaded Baked Potato Salad

Welcome to the 2013 Summer Salad Swap!
I am excited to share one of my go-to summer salads.
Here is what you need:
 3-4 pounds of small red potatoes (cut into quarters)
2 cups (1 pint) of sour cream ( I use light)
2/3 cup mayonnaise (I use light)
1 T black pepper 
1 T Lawry's seasoning salt
1 T garlic powder
1 lb. bacon, cooked and chopped
4-5 green onions, diced
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

 Directions:
 Cut up your red potatoes into quarters (leave skin on)
 Boil your potatoes until cooked (about 30 minutes)
 While your potatoes are being boiled, cook your bacon.

I cook my bacon in the oven at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

 Then I let the bacon cool on paper towels.

 After bacon is completely cooled, chop up and set aside.

 While the potatoes & bacon are cooking, I prep the rest of the dressing.
 Combine mayo, sour cream, garlic powder, Lawry's seasoning salt & pepper:
 Dice up your green onions.
 Add the green onions to the dressing.
 Stir together & put dressing in the fridge.
 When your potatoes are done cooking (test with a fork to make sure potatoes are tender). When done, drain potatoes.
 Put potatoes into your serving bowl and let cool in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
 Once potatoes are chilled,  add the dressing, the diced bacon & shredded cheddar cheese to the potatoes. Stir until fully coated.
 You can serve your salad then, or put back in fridge until you are ready to serve it.
This salad is perfect to make the night before.
 It is a fun alternative to traditional potato salad. 
SO good.
 Enjoy!

If you have a great Summer Salad Recipe, Grab a Button and add your recipe to the linky below.

Summer Salad Swap


You can add your recipe anytime from now until next Monday!
And, be sure and check out the other recipes that are linked up!





17 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Well, anything with bacon is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks So good! Thanks for hosting another great summer salad party! Have a wonderful week! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! I love that you can make it ahead. I think this might go on the birthday party menu for my soon to be 3 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't go wrong with bacon. Thanks for hosting... all the salads look so yummy. Wish there was a delivery service that would bring them all to my front door... now, that's a link up! -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I can't wait to try this. Thanks for hosting the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking for a recipe like this!! Thank you so much for sharing! I now have a good use for the leftover potatoes from my garden. Thanks for hosting too!
    New Mrs. Adventures


    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this salad swamp! So much fun and perfect for these hot days of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I came over from Mix and Match Mama and decided to share one of my favorites! Awesome ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This salad looks so yummy, I love a great potato salad and adding a little bacon always helps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! Looks fantastic!! Pinning this for later! And loved your instagram post too! I've loved following along on all your summer travels! Lake Tahoe is a new addition to my place I want to go list! ;)

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this summer series! My sister told me about it and I linked up a few of my favorite recipes! It looks like we live near each other, I hope you are enjoying your California summer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I posted my first linky! Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bake my bacon also. So much better!! Next time top it with some raw sugar and fresh ground pepper. You'll thank me later 😉

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bake my bacon also. So much better!! Next time top it with some raw sugar and fresh ground pepper. You'll thank me later 😉

    ReplyDelete

  15. Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog.

    মেয়োনিজ বানানোর রেসিপি 

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin