8.31.2013

Insta August

August is over.
School has started. 
The past few weeks have been CRAAAAZY.
The week leading up to school starting and the first few weeks of the school year are always nuts.
Here is an Insta recap of our busy August.


 Kevin, age 1. AKA: Luke's twin. Crazy how much they look alike!
The main event of our August was Luke's 1st birthday!
Checking thing off our Summer List. 
The Annual End of the Summer Backyard Camping & movie night in the Backyard.

This is something Kevin does with the girls. I sleep in my own bed inside....you know, because Luke is in the house also. Also, I don't like camping. No thanks.

The only part of camping I like is the S'Mores.
Here is my version of S'mores:

Ritz cracker, roasted marshmallow & Reeces Peanut Butter Cup.
It's life changing. You're welcome.


I had a girls night with some friends from school. You go drink wine & paint. So fun.



My older sister was in Boston with a friend for a work event and she texts me this picture.
Her & Brooks from the Bachelorette!!! He was one of the speakers at the conference.
I got to meet & hold this sweet baby boy.
Last December 20th, I had a dream that my friend Jackie was pregnant and having a baby boy named Nate on August 23rd.  Jackie found out she was pregnant on Christmas Eve, with a due date of September 4th. In April she found out it was a boy.
On August 22nd, she had her sweet boy, they named Shane.

 He will always be Nate to me ;)
Isn't he precious?

Kevin and I celebrated 11 years of marriage on August 24.
I surprised him with a quick 24 hours away at one of our favorite spots in Half Moon Bay.


Appetizers & Wine at the Bed & Breakfast:

Love this guy.

 Cocktails at dinner. Lemon drops are my fave.

I had a strawberry, beet & goat cheese salad. Amazing.

For dinner I ordered the dungeness crab stuffed prawns wrapped in bacon. OMG. To die for.

We saw a pod of dolphins from our balcony in the morning. So cool.
You can kind of see them on the left hand side of this picture.
School started this week....more on that later.
First Day of School Fro Yo. It's tradition.


As I mentioned last month, I have been invited to be Hormel Foods Extended Family Preferred Blogger.
“In the spirit of full-disclosure, I’ve partnered with Hormel Foods as part of the Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger Program. Throughout the year I’ll be receiving product, coupons, giveaways and promotions. However, no payment was given or expected for posting about the program, and as always, all opinions given here are fully my own."
This month, they sent me some deli meats to try out. One of my favorite things for lunch is turkey sandwiches. I love to mix and match things I put on my sandwiches. This is my current favorite:
Hormel Sun Dried Tomato Turkey, White Cheddar Cheese, Spicy Brown mustard, pepperchinis & tomatoes from my garden on wheat bread. SO GOOD.

I was part of Kim's mug swap for the 2nd year in a row. Jami hooked me up with all this:



We had our wine group again last night. So fun.
Good people, good food, good wine.
So thankful for the 3 days weekend. This first week of school literally kicked my butt.
I am SOOOOO tired. Re-entry into the school year is always brutal.
Speaking of the school year, read {here} to learn how to win a year supply of Bounty & Puff for your child's school!
 Hope you are all having a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Seriously. Re-entry is soooo hard! All that food is making me hungry-looks so delicious! Erik and I have never been to Half Moon Bay together, we will have to give it a whirl! Did you hang your painting in your classroom? Mine is in my office! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a fun and very full month! I love half moon day and your dinner looks wonderful!
    I was in the Mug Swap for the first time this year and it was so fun!!
    Can not wait to hear how your first week of school went.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to leave some witty comment but honestly, I'm heading to my pantry right now to make a s'more out of a Ritz Cracker and Peanut Butter Cup...at 5:28 am. Mind blowing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to everyone on your first week back at school!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What restaurant did you go to at Half Moon Bay

    ReplyDelete
  6. just add bacon to that smore and I think it will be perfect. I'm totally going to try the ritz thing (already love the peanut butter cup) but seriously... real crispy bacon added and it's bliss!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin