5.28.2014

Cupcakes, Cornhole & Celebrations

I can't believe May is almost over!
It has been such a busy & fun month! 
If I could sum up this month in 3 words, it would be:
 Cupcakes, Cornhole & Celebrations
We ate a lot of Cupcakes this month.
We played a lot of Cornhole.
We had a lot to Celebrate!
Here are some highlights of our May via my phone!

The first weekend of May started off with the Kentucky Derby.
Our family is BIG into horse racing. 
My inlaws were at this year's Kentucky Derby and of course, being from California, we were rooting for California Chrome.
Kate was REALLY excited with California Chrome won, she went up & kissed the TV.
 When you watch the derby, you must have a Mint Julep!
Mother's Day weekend was also full of celebrations.
I took the kids out for Fro Yo Friday because of all the craziness that was going on in our schools & we were thankful that the week was over!
That Friday night, we had a Mom's Night Out that was put on by our church.
There was an awesome speaker, named Jennie Allen. She was great and so sweet.
The next night was our neighbor's 40th Birthday party with a hummer limo to San Francisco. So much fun! Love my neighbors!
 I only had 2 requests for Mother's Day. I wanted to sleep in & I wanted Eggs Benedict for breakfast.
Done and Done. Kevin made that happen.
My loot of gifts from my kids :)
We had the Book Fair at my girls school. Love my little book worms.
A house in our neighborhood had termites. Now, whever I see a tented house I think of Breaking Bad. Which, I finished this month. Yes, I watched all 5 seasons within a 5 week period. SO good!
 One of the biggest highlights of our May was my niece being born! So fun hanging out at the hospital on the big day!
Lots of celebrating for the arrival of a healthy baby girl.
 Friday Night Pizza Night when the weather is warm means having dinner poolside.
My favorite pizza combo...pepperoni, pineapple & jalapeno. SO good!
We had swim team Time Trials. I think we are going to have a fun year of swim team!
Kevin's Birthday was 2 weekends ago and for his birthday, we had a cornhole tournament our neighbors and I made a ton of cupcakes!
I made my Cookies & Cream Oreo Cupcakes {Recipe HERE}
I also made Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupackes {Recipe HERE}
Celebrating the birthday boy!
My neighbor Steph and I dominated at Corn Hole that night. So much fun!
Kate had her final Softball game of the season. Such a fun year. She cried when the season was over because she was going to miss her team so much. After her last game, we had a mother daughter game. It was so fun!
 
We had Open House celebrations at school. Love the Shape Town that Kate's class made!
Lukey & Boulder waiting for Kevin at the door. So cute!
 For Memorial Day weekend there was tons of swimming and tons of yard work.
 
We also celebrated my birthday and Kevin's birthday.
Since Kevin's birthday is the 18th & mine is the 30th, we celebrate with our families the weekend in between.
My family was on Saturday. My parents have the best view!
Sunday afternoon we went to pool party with friends
And, then another corn hole tournament with our court! Here is our neighbor on their balcony summoning the court with a horn alerting us that it is time for cornhole. Hysterical.
The neighbors begged for more cupcakes, so this time I made my Reeces Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Butter Cream Frosting {Recipe HERE}
Our court has a cupcake & cornhole addiction.  Ha!  I was not playing good cornole this weekend. Me & my partner got beat way too many times to count. It was still fun!
Monday night we celebrated our birthdays with Kevin's family! We had Ice Cream Cake {Recipe HERE}
 Yesterday I had a mini photo shoot for Olivia's birth announcements. I can't believe she has strawberry blonde hair! Such a cutie!
 So, there you have it. Our May in a nutshell.
We had a very fun and busy month and it's not over yet! 
More celebrating this weekend since my birthday is on Friday!
***********
 A few reminders!
May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month and my Rodan + Fields SPF & Sunless Tanner Sale ends on Saturday!
Buy 1 item with SPF , get 1 at 50% off!
*Includes the Sunless Tanner which is BACK in stock!!!
 Details of the sale on THIS post!

 And, this Friday is Pin-Spired!
Link up your Pinterest inpsired outfits with me, Sheaffer & Shay!
Hope you have a happy Wednesday...it's almost the weekend again and 2 weeks until school is out!!!!

6 comments:

  1. What an Awesome, busy month!! Please tell me, what is Cornhole is?? I tried to find out via google....i wont try that again!lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the tented house picture before I read the words and immediately thought, Breaking Bad! Lol! Best show ever! Hope you have a Happy Birthday Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love cornhole! My husband's family calls it "bean bag toss" and it drives me nuts. It's cornhole!

    I made your triple chocolate chip cookies this week for our neighborhood and everyone RAVED about them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I want to try one of every one of those cupcakes you just posted about! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun month you have had! Those cupcakes yum! I have made your Oreo cookies several times and we love them. I think of you on Friday nights as I enjoy my pizza.😀

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin