6.06.2014

Spicy Turkey Burger Sliders

It's June and that means Summer is almost here.
Burgers are a staple for us during the summer months, so I like to mix it up with the types of burgers I make.
One of Kevin's co-workers (Hi Brendan!) gets the credit for this combonation.
He told Kevin about these sliders a few months ago and I have tweaked them a bit (and added bacon to them because....hello....bacon!)
I think you will love them!
Here is what you need:
1 pound Ground Turkey
Salt And Pepper
Diced onions

1/2 cup Whiskey (optional)
1 1/2 cups BBQ Sauce
2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
 1/3 cup of diced bacon (I use Hormel Real Bacon Pieces)
1/4 cup  Jalapeno Slices from a jar (they also come in a tamed version if you don't want a lot of spicy-ness)
Hawaiian Sweet Rolls for the buns
**This makes 12 sliders, so if you need more, just double the recipe***

Put your Ground Turkey in a bowl and sprinkle with some salt & pepper:
 Add in 1/3 cup of bacon pieces. I use Hormel pre-cooked bacon pieces:
 Mix together (I use my hands)
 Form into 12 slider patties:
 Heat up a skillet & melt a dab of butter:
Brown the patties on 1 side:
 Flip & brown on the other side until they cook all the way through:
 Once they are cooked all the way through, remove them & set aside.
Using the same pan, add your diced onions:
Brown your onions.
 Then add the whiskey to the pan. Cook the onions for a few minutes more in the whiskey:
 Add the BBQ sauce & Worcestershire Sauce to the pan:
 Add the diced jalepenos:
 Stir it all together & then add the sliders back into the pan:
 Flip over the burgers & let them simmer in the sauce for about 5 minutes.
 Serve on sweet Hawaiian Rolls:
I serve the sliders with Sweet Potato Fries and Broccoli Slaw.
You could even grill the sliders on your barbeque and then just add them to the sauce & let them simmer in the pan before you serve them.
This is meal is now a staple in our house. 
So good.
Enjoy & Happy Friday!

Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger

Disclosure: This post was written as part of my participation in the Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, the thoughts and statements in this post are my own.

3 comments:

  1. oh my, those burgers looks soo yummy!!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We love meatballs on Hawaiian rolls here. I will need to give these a try. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing! I'll definitely add this recipe to our meal plan for next week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin