12.12.2014

Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookies

I am so excited to share one of my favorite recipes with you today!
You may remember when I posted about my Grammy's 103rd birthday {HERE} and I got to bring home Grammy's recipes & cookbooks. I am excited to share one of those recipes. 
Believe it or not, I have never made these cookies. I have eaten them since I was a kid, but I have never made them myself!
But, now I have the recipe....and I am sharing it with you! 
The recipe is for a peanut butter cookie from one of Grammy's cookbooks from 1942. They are amazing Peanut Butter Cookies, and because I love peanut butter blossom cookies, I added the Hershey Kiss to them.
Here is what you need:
 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 stick of butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter (I use Skippy Natural)
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup sugar (for dipping)
 Directions:
Combine 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, butter and peanut butter in bowl.
Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
Add egg, vanilla and salt; continue beating until well mixed.
Add flour and baking soda; beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls If dough is too soft, refrigerate 30-60 minutes.
I use a cookie scoop & then roll with my hands.
Roll balls in 1/4 cup sugar.
Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until very lightly golden brown.
(If you just wanted amazing & soft peanut butter cookies, you could just leave them like this and not add the kiss.)
Immediately press chocolate kiss in center of each cookie.
Remove to cooling racks & then ENJOY!
They are so soft & delicious.

 Last weekend our court had a 49ers vs Raiders Football watching party (most of our court cheers for the 49ers, but we have a few Raiders fans) I brought these cookies to the party and they were a big hit!
I will be sharing a few more of Grammy's recipes this month....next up will be fudge!
Want more Cookie recipes? Just click on the Recipe Box Tab {HERE} at the top of my blog.
Tons of Cookies & Bars to choose from.
These Candy Cane Kisses are my favorite to make during December:
Recipe {HERE}
Happy Friday & I hope you enjoy these cookies!

Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger

Disclosure: This post was written as part of my participation in the Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, the thoughts and statements in this post are my own.

4 comments:

  1. Made these today! Delicious & so soft! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your peanut butter blossoms. I made half of them with the hershey kiss and the other half without (since my husband doesn't like chocolate..what?!?!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the peanut butter cookies but now I want to try the candy cane cookies. We had your lasagne for dinner tonight's... Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it! deck handrail height

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin