9.22.2015

Ham + Jam Sandwich {with Brie & Arugula}

In June, Kevin and I went to Sonoma/Napa Valley for the weekend as one of his 40th Birthday celebrations.
The first day we were there, we went to lunch on Sonoma Square. Whenever I go to new restaurants, I try and order something that I have never tried before. One of the sandwiches that stood out to me on that menu was called a "Ham + Jam". It was a ham sandwich with strawberry jam & brie cheese on a baguette. I was intrigued, so I ordered it & it was AMAZING.
I knew that I had to "re-create" it and put my spin on it once I got home.
I made it a few times over the summer & I made it again last night for dinner because it was too hot to cook dinner (we have been in triple digits here in California for a few days) so I decided to make the Ham + Jam for dinner!
Here is what you need:
 - Wedge of Brie Cheese
- Honey Ham ( I use Hormel Natural Choice)
- Jam (I use my Homemade Strawberry Jam)
- Arugula
- Sourdough Bread (the one in Sonoma was on a baguette, but I like it on bread better)

This sandwich is SO easy to make. 
Spread jam on both sides of the bread:
Add chunks of brie to one side & ham on the other:
Add arugula (the one at the restaurant didn't have arugula, but I like to add greens to my meals :)
Put sandwich on Paini maker:
 I keep the sandwich on the panini maker for 5-6 minutes.
If you don't have a panini maker, you can wrap the sandwich in foil & bake at 350 for 5-6 minutes (or until cheese melts OR grill it on the stove like a grilled cheese sandwich :)
After it is done cooking, I usually add a little more arugula.
This sandwich is SO good. The flavors really go well together. 
Ham + Jam is my new favorite sandwich.
I have only tried it with strawberry jam, but I think it would also be really good with apricot jam or fig jam, I am going to try one of those flavors next time.

Hope you love this sandwich as much as I do...let me know if you make it!

Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger

Disclosure: This post was written as part of my participation in the Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, the thoughts and statements in this post are my own.

6 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering now! That looks and sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this... I think you inspired me to get my panini maker a few years ago..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have never put this combo together but is sounds so good! Thanks for sharing! Making it for lunch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Can't wait to try this - I bet it will be amazing with fig jam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my yum! I will add this to my recipe book. Now if I could just have you come over and help me make some of your wonderful recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin