5.25.2016

What's Up Wednesday :: May 2016

It's the last Wednesday of the month, that means it's time for our What's Up Wednesday Link Up!

Link up with  me, Sheaffer & Shay the LAST Wednesday of each month so we can read about What's Up with YOU!

Here we go!
What We’re Eating this week..... 
Monday:
 Chicken Tortilla Casserole

Tuesday:
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
These are a staple in our house...SO good & SO easy!

Wednesday:
 Homemade Mac & Cheese

 Thursday:
 Leftovers & Open House at School!

Friday....Friday Night Pizza Night!

Saturday:
Tri Tip &  Broccoli Bacon Salad:


Sunday:
 Memorial Day BBQ


I also like to bake some treats each week. This week I made:
Cookies & Cream Oreo Cupcakes for my friends birthday on Monday: We all watched the Bachelorette Premiere together for her birthday.

I also make some sort of snack each week for the kids after school. My girls LOVE these:
No Bake Protein Balls

 What I'm Reminiscing about.....
College!
 This month marked 15 years since I graduated from The University of Colorado...GO BUFFS!
I dug up some old photos...so fun to reminisce!
I loved college....so fun!

 What I'm loving.....
I'm loving using Rodan + Fields Reverse. It got rid of my pregnancy melasma & also gets rid of age spots/sun damage.

Here's what a fellow R + F consultant, Destiny, has to say about her experience with Rodan and Fields. 

 "I'm so pleased with how far my skin has come and can't wait to keep going! The only makeup I'm wearing in these pics is a little mascara... nothing on my face. I've stopped using foundation/ concealer completely!! I've primarily been a twice daily REVERSE regimen and eye cream user, plus AMP MD every other day! After my first REVERSE regimen was completed, I started incorporating UNBLEMISH into my morning routine to clear up some sporadic breakouts and help with oily skin. I LOVE both of these regimens and my happy balance is a combination of the two! Skin can be complicated and luckily, Rodan + Fields has something for everyone!" 

 Want the best skin of your life? Let's get started today! Love the skin you're in!What is your biggest skin concern? I'm here to help! Take this quick survey to find out what is best for your skin HERE.

I wanted to let you know about my Rodan + Fields special for the month of May.
$20 cash back, 10% off your order, Free Shipping & Free Essentials item


I love our Essentials items....you get your choice of our Daily Body Moisturizer, SPF 30 Body Sunscreen, SPF 25 Lip Shield or our AMAZING Sunless Tanner.....which sells out every Spring/Summer....get yours now before it's too late!

Email me for questions or to place a order at: melissa_larson17@yahoo.com


What We've been up to.....
May has been a BUSY month.
 The first weekend of May we had our school auction (Caddyshack theme)
 We had my niece's 2nd Birthday Party (Minnie Mouse theme)
We celebrated Mothers Day with both sets of parents on Saturday night & watched the Kentucky Derby and played Mexican Train until 2 am!
The weekend after that I was in Lake Tahoe for my Rodan + Fields retreat:
 This past weekend we were at my niece's college graduation.
Add all that to the end of the school year craziness & it's just been BUSY!

What I'm Dreading.....
 The stack of homework packets, tests & projects on my desk at school.
I have TONS of grading to get done this week.

What I'm Working On.....
I am working on end of teacher gifts!
I was at Anthro last week and saw that my favorite initial mugs were on sale for just $5!
 I stocked up on them and got one for the girls speech teacher, PE teacher, music teacher, librarian, reading teacher, school nurse & office staff.
I made a FREE printable a couple years ago that is perfect for these mugs!
 You can download it {HERE}

That is the gift I am giving all the support staff.
I am giving the girls teachers a gift card to their favorite restaurants....
 and putting it on THIS printable.

What I'm Excited About.....
 SUMMER!!!!
2.5 more weeks of school....we can do it, Teacher Friends!

What I'm Watching........
Warriors Playoffs...UGH...they have lost the past 2 games.
Last week for Kevin's Birthday we went to game 2...it was AWESOME.
 The Warriors won that game, it was so fun...I don't know what has happened since then!

TV shows I am watching...
Grey's Anatomy (just finished the season finale last night...!!!)

 The Bachelorette
I think it's going to be a good season!

What I'm Reading.....
I read 5 books this month:

Love Anthony
 4.5 out of 5 stars

After You

 3.5 out of 5 stars


All Dressed in White
 4.5 out of 5 stars

 
Luckiest Girl Alive

4 out of 5 stars

 One Plus One

  4.5 out of 5 stars


 What I'm Listening to.....
 I  can't stop listening to JT's new song..."Can't Stop the Feeling"


I LOVE it. Totally the song of the Summer!

What I'm Wearing.....
This was one of my favorite outfits that I wore this month:
Jacket // Shirt Stitch Fix // Jeans // Booties

Loved this outfit also:
Top // Pants Stitch Fix // Flats

Here is what I wore to my niece's college graduation:

Dress // Jacket // Necklace & Braclet (Premier) // Wedges


What I’m doing this weekend.....
It's Memorial Day Weekend & it's also my birthday on Monday!

Love that my birthday falls on a 3 day weekend & I don't have to go to school on my birthday :)
We might have a block party depending on the weather & if the Warriors are playing.

What I'm Looking Forward to next month.....
SUMMER!!!!!!!!!
Last day of school is June 9th :)

What else is new.....
I have a $100 Rodan + Fields Giveaway on this post & it ends tomorrow at midnight!
If you haven't entered, you can do that HERE

Question of the month is:
What are looking forward to this Summer?
 Sleeping in, swimming, lazy days & staying up late.
No packing lunches, doing homework or grading tests!
Most importantly, hanging will all 3 of my kids all day everyday!
I can't WAIT!!!!!!!
I am also looking forward to a few trips to Lake Tahoe ...Tahoe is my happy place :)

+++++++++++++

If you are new to my blog, thanks for stopping by!
Feel free to follow along! 
You can find me on Bloglovin, Facebook & Instagram

Can't wait to read about What's up with all of YOU!

12 comments:

  1. I love that we are both reading and watching the same things! :) Hope you have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the teacher gifts! And thanks for the linkup. I'm a baby blogger (The Cold Coffee Blog)! Such a fun link up to participate in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love seeing your Tahoe pictures! I'm so pumped for summer friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have 2.5 weeks left too and so much left to do! I am also most looking forward to being with my kiddos all day everyday this summer and slow mornings with a lot of coffee! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time linking up for what's up Wednesday! Thank you so much for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your teacher gifts are so cute! I bet they love having your kiddos in their class!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog and this fun linky! I'm your newest follower!

    Jamie
    Life As I Know It

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any chance you can direct me to that exact striped dress from old navy? The link sends me to the home page of the site! Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My birthday is on Sunday...I am always excited to have a 3 day weekend on my birthday, too!!! Happy early birthday!! Hope you have a fabulous day & weekend!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you guys probably have a house you own/rent there, but if I wanted to visit with fam, would you recommend a specific place on Lake Tahoe (not sure how it all works there)? Looks gorgeous and I'll be looking for a break from the 100+ temps here in Tx I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your food looks delicious! JT's new song is so the song of the summer - I cannot stop listening to it! I think Jojo's season is for sure going to be one of the best. Happy early birthday!! -xx Leah || Chasing Texas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally trying out those fajitas next week! Hope you have an amazing birthday weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin